big river contractors
Established in 2018, Big River Contractors has expertise in natural gas, oil, and saltwater disposal pipeline, and facilities. We pride ourselves in being the industry standard, our highly skilled management team, innovative construction techniques and personalized approach to each and every project is what distinguishes Big River Contractors from competitors and guarantees complete customer satisfaction.
Headquartered in Cotulla, Texas and with staff from Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Arkansas BRC is proud to have on hand some of the most experienced, highest qualified construction professionals in the industry. BRC prides itself on professionalism, integrity, and the utmost regard for safety, while demanding the same of our subcontractors.
What we offer
Pipeline and Facility Construction:
- Gas, oil, transmission and distribution
- Metering stations, compressor stations
- Tank farms
- Gathering lines & well-site piping
- Pig launchers & receivers
- Air, hydro & nitrogen testing
- Hot tie-ins
- Excavation, grading, & earth moving
- Painting, reconditioning, & sandblasting
Heavy Civil Infrastructure:
- Commercial construction
- Electrical Sub Station Sites
- Frac pond construction
- Pad Sites
- Road Construction
- Utility Installation
- Wind Farm Sites, Pads, and Roads
With each year and as BRC expands, our safety department adapts and grows as well. Our OSHA and EMR records are evidence of the success that the safety department has accomplished. Whereas the safety department develops the programs that we have, and this effectiveness is due to our 100% management and supervisor backing of Safe Operations.
BRC’s vision is to provide an incident/injury free workplace, which requires the participation of every employee as we strive for zero incidents. BRC has very high expectations for all employees regarding safety. Every employee has the responsibility to prevent accidents and injuries by observing established working rules, by following the directions of supervisors, by practicing the safety rules of BRC, exercising stop work authority and by providing ideas on how our safety efforts might be further strengthened.
BRC’s Management’s Promise:
- Maintain a Just Safety Culture where you are encouraged to report all incidents, accidents and hazards without fear of unfair discipline and with focus on improving
- Provide necessary training, tools, PPE, procedures and quality equipment to protect our employees and the public
- Employ professional safety staff committed to assisting and training our employees in all policies, procedures, laws and hazard assessments
- Continue to have an open-door policy with every manager, especially where safety concerns are involved
- Continually measure our success in our daily pursuit of ZERO INCIDENTS with a focus on improvement.
Employees Required Commitment:
- Maintain the attitude every day that we are each responsible for our own safety AND the safety of our co-workers.
- Arrive on the job every morning focused on the work at hand and how you will execute the work safely.
- STOP any work activity that you feel is unsafe.
At BRC, we ensure compliance with our safety program by doing the following:
- Every employee and subcontractor must attend safety orientation training and be drug tested prior to performing work on the right-of-way.
- A certified competent trained person is on every crew.
- We have a dedicated safety representative on every project.
- We hold weekly safety meetings.
- We hold daily “toolbox talks” and conduct daily Jobsite Safety Analyses (JSA’s).
- Our safety supervisors make regular visits to all projects.
- Our Director of Safe Operations briefs the entire management team on safety activities on a bi-weekly basis and conducts a minimum of 1 monthly field audit per project.
- We utilize post-incident, pre-employment and random drug testing.
- We utilize an extensive near miss program and weekly safety meeting note distribution in which we discuss company-wide issues and incidents to keep them from occurring on other projects.
Main Field Office
627 FM 468, Cotulla TX, 78014